News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

G Scale Outdoor Track Plan with Questions about Switches

Started by jtsharp, January 03, 2022, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtsharp

Good morning all and Happy New Year,
I have designed a new outdoor track plan which I am planning to build this spring.  I have built this plan with two different types of components and would like some feedback on which is best.  The first track plan was designed with LGB 16000 (8ft diameter switches) and the second plan was designed with LGB 18000 (15ft diameter switches). I am looking to run Modern diesels on this layout, currently have SD 70s and looking to acquire some Dash 9's. I currently have a large inventory of LGB 16000 switches and if they will work I would like to reuse them.  I do not have LGB 18000 switches and would have to sell my LGB 16000 and rebuy the 18000 switches.  For those of you using these switches will I be able to transverse the LGB 16000 switch with the larger engines or should I upgrade to the bigger switch?  Ellis Dogbone has smaller switch and Ellis Dogbone 2 has larger switch.  I also used a large amount of Flex track.  Please take a look and provide some feedback good or bad.  Thanks in advance.