News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Differences in elevation between 2 selected layers

Started by Bug Killer, January 14, 2022, 09:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bug Killer

Is there a way to display differences in elevation between 2 selected layers ?

David

If you want to check clearances where tracks cross, check 'Vertical clearance' on the SHOW tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Bug Killer

Clearances are displayed between all existing layouts, not only between visible ones. If more than two layouts have tracks in the same small areas, clearances are stacked on the display. It is sometimes not possible to read them. Display them between visible layers only should be more convenient.

clearances.png

David

If at least one of the two crossing elements is visible, a clearance is displayed.
The smallest clearance is on top.
You can set a minimum value on the SETTINGS tab, so too low clearances will be in red.

Bug Killer

How to know what are the layers concerned by the clearance displayed on top ? I'd rather think that only clearances between visible layers should be displayed. Currently the ony trick I found is to destroy layers one by one and cancel the destruction. This is not user friendly at all.

David

The clearance indicator is meant as a warning. So we'd rather make sure that too low clearances are indicated than that one is missed before construction is underway.

So when at least one of the crossing tracks is shown, the clearance is displayed.

Usually, there are not so many crossing levels as in your situation. Could you please send your track plan to us (support@anyrail.com) so we can get a better idea on how to improve the situation?

Erik84750

Amazingly beautiful! Very well done, this could be a marketing example for Anyrail.

And I agree with OP request.

Bug Killer

Thank you for this compliment. I think without AnyRail I wouldn't have been able to polish the design so much. I have tried several free and commercial layout editors and found it to be the best.