News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Setting heights for sections.

Started by Nathan, January 20, 2022, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan

A list of sections with their heights that can be modified manually would be great. This would require labeling the sections with an ID.  In a helix I can't get to lower levels to adjust the heights.  I work around by using layers.

BadBanana

On the Show tab, you can set upper and lower height limits for the elements within AnyRail that are visible.  While this is not quite what you're asking for, it does allow you to specify a reduced range temporarily so that you can only see and therefore select track pieces within that range.  This can be a section of a helix or any other track that might otherwise be difficult to access.

However, what I would suggest for adjusting the heights within a helix is to have a short straight stub at the bottom and top since these would be visible outside of the loops.  You can then set the heights on these stubs to match the adjoining track.  Then select everything in between (the helix) and simply use the Smooth Slope action to apply a uniform slope automatically to the whole helix in one operation. Or do you need to do something more complex?