News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

CTRL+mousewheel zoom not working.

Started by GraGoNorth, January 29, 2022, 09:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraGoNorth

Hi everyone. New user to AnyRail. I have not been able to use CTRL+mousewheel to zoom in the layout window. When I go to the 3D view, the mousewheel will zoom. I've been using the CTRL with the - and + keys to zoom, but would be better if the mousewheel would do it, of course. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 11 and a Microsoft mouse.

David

Does the Mousewheel+CTRL zoom in other programs such as your browser?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

GraGoNorth

Hello, David!
Yes, it works as expected on webpages. It's very strange that it doesn't work in AnyRail. It works as expected with the 3D view, but that doesn't require using the CTRL key.
Ahhh...I just tried it again in the middle of typing this, and I discovered that if I keep scrolling the mouse wheel, it will eventually zoom, in and out. It just takes a lot of scrolling, and it is hit and miss. It's almost like a locomotive going up a grade that's just about too steep. Maybe my mouse wheel is a little dirty. Other programs don't reflect this behavior, it works fine.

David

In the 3D view, Standard camera, we use the standards for the Maya style camera.

In the design 2D mode, it's CTRL+Mouse wheel. We've not heard any other complaints on this, so yes, perhaps you need to get the vacuum cleaner out and try to get the dust out of the mouse wheel!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.