News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Glad to be here (finally!)

Started by DougD, February 05, 2022, 01:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougD

Hello All,

I am very happy to finally be here.  My trains have been on display on my kitchen and home office walls for more than 10 years.  With several jobs, an aborted retirement to Fla., a new wife and several other moves I have my train room in my newly finished basement almost ready for benchwork.

I have been carting around magazines with various versions of the C&O New River Gorge Subdivision NTRAK modules seemingly forever as my inspiration  Now I have the track for my 30 x 12 room almost fully designed thanks to AnyRail.  Looks to be over 750 feet of track!  Can that be right - 23 scale miles?  I thought I had a lot of track from starting a build at my retirement house in upstate NY, but I am going to need a BUNCH more.

I will be back on the Forum with questions about best places to buy supplies and on the electric set-up I am sure, and with a few random thoughts if y'all can stand it.  Thanks for reading and welcoming me to the fold  :D   Doug