News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

how to create flextrack of specific length and bending angle?

Started by Erik84750, February 07, 2022, 12:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik84750

Purpose: connect two fixed pieces of track, positioned under an angle.
In other words: how to creat a piece of bent flextrack with a specific length and a specific bending angle?

David

The easiest way: just drag the flex endpoints onto the fixed endpoints. They will connect and line up.
Next, select the flex and use 'Smooth flex'.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Erik84750

I find that when I connect one end of the connecting track that this fixes ok, but when connecting to the other end, that this second track part just lines up with the connecting track. Hence the second track part changes position (angle).
How to get the inverse: obtain the connecting track to adapt its connecting angle to the second track part?

Erik84750

Is this the solution: connect one end and manually move the connecting track loose end toward the second track part end?

David

You have to drag each end of the gap spanning new flex track to each existing fixed point. Or do I misunderstand your question?

David

Here's a very low quality animated gif to illustrate the idea.

Erik84750

Quote from: David on February 07, 2022, 12:26:32 PMYou have to drag each end of the gap spanning new flex track to each existing fixed point. Or do I misunderstand your question?
You understood the question correctly.
I had not understood that the connecting peice had to be manually connected on its both ends.