News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Export as PDF

Started by kochcembalo, July 01, 2022, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kochcembalo

Morning!
How can I export my track plan als PDF which contains the plan in whole without cutting it in several parts?
Richard

David

When you use FILE/Export As/PDF, you can set the paper size and select 'Fit to one page'.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

kochcembalo

Thanks for answering.
When I do this, I look at the PDF with scale 100%, then I hold a special track to the screen for to see if the size is correct, and it is not. The real track is wider and longer than the same track in the PDF.
Why is that?

David

one If you use 'Fit to page', it will not be 1:1 anymore, as it will scale to match the page size.

If you want one PDF, set the PDF export page size to match your plan size and add the the margin.
If you now set the ratio 1:1, it should match, and still fit on one page.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

kochcembalo

Thanks, now I have it.

BadBanana

Quote from: kochcembalo on July 01, 2022, 12:09:45 PMThanks for answering.
When I do this, I look at the PDF with scale 100%, then I hold a special track to the screen for to see if the size is correct, and it is not. The real track is wider and longer than the same track in the PDF.
Why is that?
You can never compare against what is on the screen for absolute dimensions.  What is shown on the screen will depend on screen size and the zoom factor that is applied by your pdf file viewer.  As David says, if you print with a 1:1 setting, however, yous should have an accurately scaled printout on paper.