News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Machine readable export inlcuding layout, track parts and sections

Started by danielkr, February 22, 2022, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielkr

Hi all,
first of all, Anyrail is a great tool for layouting. I use it for some years by now.
I often change the layout of my model railway as it is only set up in the winter times.
And with winston (see github), I build a little controlling software for my model railway, e.g. for changing signals etc.

This software needs to know the railway layout in detail (not only topology, but I also need the track length, curvature etc.). As of now, I plan in Anyrail and rebuild the layout in the code manually.

I checked the export formats from Anyrail and I miss some details like the track part used (and also the sections I think, at least I did not find the corresponding name).
Would it be possible to enhance one of exporters to also include the track part used? This would allow me to write a simple converter instead of rebuilding the layout manually. With the sections included, I would then be fully happy and could invest the time in more features of my tool/have a quicker session per railway to setup.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

David

The JMRI export is fully documented in the JMRI schemas.
The TrainPlayer interchange format is not publically documented.

However, we can't change either as we would break the JMRI specifications, or risk the compatibility with TrainPlayer.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

danielkr

Hi David,
thanks for the reply I obviously fully missed.
The JMRI specification is a thing, that is correct - same with Trainplayer. I would not want you to break compatibility of course!

I had a look at the specification and found for example https://www.jmri.org/xml/schema/types/blocks-2-9-6.xsd
A block has custom properties which could look like follows:
<properties>
<property>
<key>anyrail-track-type</key>
<value>tracksegmentident;roco:42522</value>
</property>
</properties>
Then, each block would include the tracksegments known by their ident property and the id from the track part itself.

Maybe this is something to think about. I'd be super happy to have the possibility of importing the exact layout!

Best Regards
Daniel