News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Lines

Started by Nick the Cabin Boy, February 28, 2022, 04:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Cabin Boy

On most of my plans, I draw a lot of lines, not only for shapes, roads and cable, but also as links between notes and the subject of said note, and other sundry things.

I love being able to draw dashed lines, but I find it very frustrating that I have to set up the format EVERY time. Could we have a setting to take care of that, please?

Also, could we please have the ability to change the size of the arrowhead on a pointed line. On a couple of my recent efforts, the arrow went back past the line origin! Even if we could only choose Small, Medium or Large, it would be an improvement.

Nick the Cabin Boy,
Geelong
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

rlcross

Nick, if you select the end of the line, you can select which type of arrowhead, and separately enter the size of the arrowhead (1 to 10) in the toolbar.  If the whole line is selected, you can select dashed.

Nick the Cabin Boy

Well, there you go! I hadn't even seen that! In my defence, I've only recently started to use arrows, annotating my current plan. Hopefully, sometime in the not-too-distant future, I'll actually be able to start building it! For the last ten to fifteen years, every time I've been ready to start building, something has prevented it, including near-death car accidents (2), and house moves (4).

Thanks!

Nick

Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N