News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

File re-opening

Started by Nick the Cabin Boy, February 28, 2022, 06:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Cabin Boy

Many updates ago, when opening a saved file, it always opened displaying the top left corner, at whatever zoom setting it was at when saved. Then, some years ago, as a result of overtures by me and others, it was changed to open displaying the position it was in when saved.

Now, it appears to have changed again. It now opens at the bottom right corner!

Could we please go back to opening at the closing position?

Nick the Cabin Boy
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

rlcross

I hadnt noticed at what zoom level it opens.  So I checked.  Mine opens at the zoom level last saved.

Nick the Cabin Boy

The zoom level doesn't matter to me, what does matter is the position! That's what has changed, and I would like it to go back to what it was.

I am working on my current plan at 2:1, as I am drawing all the cabling I will need, using 1mm lines to represent each wire. Most of the wiring is happening in the approximate middle, not at the bottom right. At 2:1, all I see is the corner of the board.

Nick
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

BadBanana

This is interesting...

There is a difference between opening the file by clicking on it in Windows Explorer, and opening it as a recent file from within an already open session of AnyRail.

If I open AnyRail first, and then access recent files, I find it works exactly as you want it to.  it opens with the last zoom level used and focussed on the last area that was visible when the files was saved.

If I double click on the file in Windows Explorer, it opens, and with the apparently correct zoom ratio, but the area to be worked on (in my test case) is down and to the right, although not to the extreme right. 

This looks like a bug / unintended feature but with a workaround.