News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 3.31.0

Started by David, October 01, 2009, 01:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

This new version offers two new track libraries:
- N Gauge Tomix Fine Track
- Lego Duplo  :D

Furthermore, the symbols libraries have been extended with a diagonal buffer (bumper), and separator symbols.

Enjoy!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Hi David.

Thanks for the Symbol update. However, I hate to be a grumbler but the dividers just don't do what I had hoped for.

The first one I placed wend slap in the middle of the gap between two symbols. I thought, "Great, just what I wanted!" The next one kept moving to a position a quarter of the way into the symbol tile, which was sort of OK but not really what I needed though I have not looked at the implications if I have to do that. The real problem came when I tried to rotate one 45 degrees to fit it onto a gap in between two diagonal symbols. It fitted there but remained upright. It did, of course, adjust its angle if fitted within a tile. I have to admit I had really thought of these symbols as floating elements, like signal elements or text.

I will have to spend some time later this evening to see exactly what the implications are but it could be awkward at the station throats where the three parallel tracks converge into two. I will get back to you when I have messed around with the a bit more.

With best wishes and thanks for being teh best,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

David

Yes, they are clip-on elements, just like the colored dots etc. When a spot is taken, you cannot really clip on another element.

Maybe you can send us a picture of the effect you'd like to achieve. Perhaps with some specifically shaped divider we can still make you a bit happier?

David.

spoorend

Hi David

Thanks a lot for adding the DUPLO geometry !

I did some testing of course and everything works perfectly. Especially the bridges which are of course quiet different than "normal" model rails. You managed to exactly bring them in !   Great.

I have only 1 small comment.. ;)
If I float over the rail-pieces I see "LEGO 9V".. which I think should be "LEGO DUPLO" or something ?
See attached image.

Martijn

David

You're right, the roll-overs are incorrect. Sorry about that!

We'll fix it as soon as possible in the next release.

David.

Chris

Hi David
Quote from: David on October 01, 2009, 04:47:22 PMMaybe you can send us a picture of the effect you'd like to achieve. Perhaps with some specifically shaped divider we can still make you a bit happier?
I'm sorry I haven't got back to you. Things went a bit wild here and I am trouble shooting problems with my wiring (both brain and layout!). So all my hopes to do a new panel before November have gone out of the window. I will put together an image as soon as I can.

Best wishes,
Chris.
Chris

David

No problem. Good luck getting the rest ready to run!

David.

Chris

Hi David.

My daughter has driven me from the living room while she watches NCIS! So I thought I would just get on with it and here is the result.

As you can see, I managed, after considerable effort, to locate two of the AnyRail symbols on the Up and Down Main. I then did my best to reproduce the symbol and placed it in the other desired locations. I will probably not use the single stroke symbol but the same could have been done with that as well. The important thing to note is that I am using the natural gaps between adjacent symbols to indicating isolating points. Of course, all my symbols, being made up of two parallel lines are floating and can be rotated.

I hope that helps explain what I was after.

With best wishes,
Chris.
Chris

David

Hi Chris,

It seems that if you would be able to click-on these separators at the extremities of the track on each tile you'd be fine.
Is that correct?

David.

Chris

Hi David.

Yes. I noted that they auto-rotate when needed (though not if dragged to a break between 2 tiles) so a manual rotation would not be needed. I guess it is a case of just adding the edges of the tiles to the existing anchor points (may be easier said than done). What I like is the fact that one can SEE a gap where the symbol is placed.

BTW, I was just saying to the family that I would not be surprised if there was an answer from you when I came up to my room. Well, I beat you by just a few seconds!! I really am impressed at your dedication. Thank you.

All the best from the Skye at night,
Chris.
Chris