News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

yard lead track question

Started by Erik84750, February 09, 2022, 01:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik84750

Yards always should have lead tracks, but I am not sure how to integrate one in this concept. This will become a yard with entrance on both sides.
The main track is double, on the top of the yard.

Due to the curve restrictions on the left side I can't seem to manage to attach a lead track to the upper part of the yard entrance.

What recommendations are there to adjust this draft to something better regarding a lead track?

Would an additional lead track on the opposite (not yet drawn) side of the yard be useful/required/nice-to-have/...?

Is the current lead track (bottom left part of the yard) of any use? Or shoudl that be moved, where, how, why?

Erik84750

Or as an alternative: with a double slip switch at the yard entrance.
This enables the creation of a true yard lead (third from the top in the top corner bend) plus an additional holding track (fourth from the top in the top corner bend).
Pro? Con?

jhn_plsn

There seems to be quite a bit to unpack there. In the plan with the yard leading into what looks to be a helix I would move the ladder to the front of the benchwork. This assumes you are operating from the inside. Then you could have the mainline running behind the yard and add the yard tail(lead) track to the front and wrap around the helix.
I have two other issues with the plan. For a more direct and pleasurable operation the roundhouse should have direct access to the yard ladder or speedway tracks. It looks like you have a mainline of some sort circling out from the yard speedway track.

Just my pittance worth. Trash in trash out.