News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Hello from India

Started by astrosathya, May 18, 2022, 05:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrosathya

Hello Everyone,
My name is "Sathya" and I am from India. I have been fascinated by trains since before I can remember. However I am yet to get into the hobby because I am also an astrophotographer and i can burn only so many holes in my pockets :P
However I have started some very serious reading and hopefully by 2023 Christmas I should be ready to start my own model train layout. Along the way I plan to learn AnyRail software and that is why I am here and I hope that I will received help from you all.
Thanks to all in advance,
Regards,
Sathya.

David

Welcome here!
I remember travelling on an Indian train from Varanasi to Agra very well! Bit crowded ;)
Is that what you envision on your layout?
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

astrosathya

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply. I was busy with my move to the city of Pune and could not get the broadband connection sooner.
My travels along the length and breadth of India on trains have made me understand that the system here is extremely complex to model for a puritan.
However, since I am from the city of Bangalore, I am thinking of a P2P shelf layout of some sort and model the lines from Bangalore City-Yeshwantpur- Bangalore Cantonement which is a triangular circuit for starters and perhaps have a few steam locos running on them until I can get some Indian R2R Diesels from precisionmodelworks.
Since I am an absolute noob, I am also open to modelling other popular layouts like from UK.
Whilst I had considered OO scale initially, I seem to be strongly leaning towards N scale. Time will tell.
I would love to hear more from you regarding ideas and plan.
Cheerios,
Sathya. :)