News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Tremerton road -first board for my layout North London Yards - input welcome

Started by Resender, July 03, 2022, 07:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resender

SO after a few months of designing and redesigning my track plan, studiying DCC and being confronted with extra unexpected costs (aka post-Brexit import tarrifs and unreliable shipping companies), I come to the point where I want to turn plan into reality.

Now I'm presenting here is a plan for 1 board out of 5 for my layout, it is a fictional location in the Thames valley region of the UK. I'm using all peco track, wich makes this board n1 in my plans as
the more complex switches are currently out of stock or hard to get.

As for rolling stock I have mostly era 9 to 11 for the mainline and era 4 to 6 for the heritage stock.

This is how I envision I should isolate the sections for dcc. Also since this was orignally going to be reverse loop board I assume that I techniclly would only need 1 piece of kit to change the polarities.

It comprises of tailchaser oval(1),an upward(2) & downward helix(3), a heritage station(5), a stop for mainline trains(6), an inglenook puzzle(8).
With planned additional sidding(9) in the future.
There also 2 tracks to park mainline trains off the mainline so I can change the mix of traffic.
The idea behind the layout was to provide a big multi-directional return loop.

Any comments on what I planned wrong or right would be a great benifit.

kiwi42

Hi Resender, I like the plan, but you need to check for REVERSING LOOPs, there is going to be a lot of work to cover them all, so far I have seen 2 on the left, so I disconnected 2 there and there was more on the right side.
In SHOW TAB, there is one BUTTON to click, REVERSING LOOP, this will show THEM in RED

Good luck with this
Kiwi42

BadBanana

Just to add - there's nothing that says you cannot have reversing loops, but you need to have the appropriate measures in place when wiring to the track and managing any feedback circuits (if you are using them).  AnyRail is able to flag them as an aid to the builder, but note that not all loops may be visible at any one time, so after you have put isolators in place for one or two, others may then become visible.

Resender

Hello people,
It's been a while but still working on the "layout", if all goes well I should have acquired all the track for the first board "Tremerton Road" by the summer of 2023.

Some changes had to be made and also the other 2 scenic boards for the layout as the 2 behind the scenes boards have a plan.
Now I'm still working on it and don't have a full understanding but here is a quick update look on "Tremerton road".

So thhe big changes here are the red & grey rectangles; they represent the baseboards(red) and the support beams (grey).
Currently the plan is to have to track work and power wiring done by mid 2023 and dcc'ing + switch moters by end 2023.
In 2024 I hope to work on the lower traverse board and fiddleyard

The coloured sections indicate the "reversing loops" logic for this board. (Ignore the loose tracks)
Underneath "Tremerton Road" will sit the lower traver board

This will have a reverse loop around the helix and some hidden sidings.