News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Section

Started by kochcembalo, July 04, 2022, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kochcembalo

I'm trying to define a section. I select all the tracks which should belong to this new section. When I create the section, more tracks than selected are moved to the new section.

Why is that? Thanks for answering.

BadBanana

When you create a section you do not need to select all of the track pieces.  The way it works is that the section is created up to the end of the connected track, or up to any isolators.  So, if you have additional track already drawn that you do not want to be part of the same section then you need to add an isolator.  To do this, right click on the join between tracks and select "Add isolator".

David

Additionally, when you select a continuous stretch (more than one piece), and click the 'Create section' button, the selected stretch will become a section, and the isolators will be placed for you.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

kochcembalo

My problem was: I had unconnected track within the section which resulted in an unexpected behavior.

Another problem: Removing a section does not remove the previously added isolators. I had to remove them manually.

David

The isolators are not automatically removed because when there's another section adjacent, removing an isolator would be problematic.

kochcembalo

In this case it would be helpful to have a search possibility for isolators.

kochcembalo

There are isolators in my plan which remained from a now deleted section. These are now within a new created section and are no more needed. I cannot delete them, the menu option is grayed.
Why is that and how can I delete them?
Thanks for answering.

kochcembalo

Is there a way to add several tracks to an existing section? Or do I have to delete the section and create a new one?

David

Yes, just add track elements to the existing section. As long as there is no isolator, the track will be added to the section.