News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Please teach me exactly place the isolators for this layout

Started by kenf, February 14, 2021, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenf

Please teach me exactly place the isolators for this layout.

Thank you.

KenLayout15-4.any

kiwi42

I too wonder where the right place is for any ISOLATORS

Thanks Kiwi42

David

This depends completely on what you want.

If you use analog control, you probably want to make blocks that can be made powerless to stop trains at signals. In analog control, to resolve the three reverse loops, you need to be able to stop the train, reverse the polarity, and the continue.

If you use digital control, you can resolve the three reverse loops with specific electronics. The exact wiring depends on the product you choose.
If you operate without a computer, you don't need any further sections.
If you use digital control with a computer, you probably want occupancy detection sections so that the computer knows where your trains are.

Personally, I would not build this layout as it almost fully consists of reverse loops. It's way too complex to operate in an analog manner, and even with digital control, the train lengths are very limited because of the triangular reverse loop. Remove at least that one to keep it manageable.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.