News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

American Flyer AB Crossings ?

Started by daniel.nolin, August 14, 2022, 03:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel.nolin

I am using AnyRail to design an S gauge high-rail layout using the Gilbert made American Flyer track. One serious limitation of this track system however is that to the best of my knowledge, Gilbert never made any crossings for it other than 90 degrees. But I see AnyRail has a track library called "American Flyer AB Crossings" which has crossings of 30, 45, and 60 degrees. I've never heard of American Flyer AB Crossings, and Google searches haven't turned up anything on them either.

So my question is what are these American Flyer AB crossings, and where might I find them?

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

David

Here's another video from Austin Birkey about his products:
https://youtu.be/z_UWDW8QDLI
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

daniel.nolin

I contacted Austin Birkey about these crossings, and actually purchased a 45degree crossing from him. He also makes highway crossings/rerailers, one on a basic 10" straight section of straight track, and a also one on a standard R20 30 degree curve track. I purchased one of each of those as well.

I was very impressed with the quality and design of these products. They look and even feel like original Gilbert made American Flyer items.  In fact I think the quality may even be a bit better. Definitely first rate products!

David, could Austin's highway crossing/rerailer sections be added to the track library? And as long as I'm making suggestions, how about adding the original American Flyer 728 rerailer section? I can provide pictures and/or measurements if that would help.