News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Unable to delete certain section of track.

Started by PaterATC, August 25, 2022, 04:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaterATC

Hello I am using the version 6.47.0. I have several sections of track which I can not delete. When I click on the section of track all the icons on the track tab at the top are greyed out except for the "add parallel flex track" It is an extesive plan so I really do not want to start again. Pressing the delete key does nothing. Right hand mosue click shows the small menu but it is all greyed out. I am not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. The reason for needing to delete a section of track is to add in a new double crossover.

Thanks

David

Could you please post the track plan here? Alternatively, you can send it to our support address: info@anyrail.com
That makes it easier to see what is going on.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

BadBanana

Is any of the track that you are selecting glued with hidden glue markers, or partly on a locked layer?

(Been there, done that, too many times...)

PaterATC

Hi David and BadBanana, i found that I locked  the layer and because i was not working on my big screen I missed that I had locked it. Maybe I should wear my glasses all the time.

Thanks

This is my new layout. I have spent several months working towards what I now have. Colours are for each different power block.

Queensland_Layout.png

BadBanana

I am pleased that you found the cause of the problem.  Fun layout, too, although access to the fiddle yard looks a bit tight.  I also noticed that while the upper fiddle yard loops straight through and around, the lower fiddle yard is connected so that it effectively reverses flow for each train that passes through it.  Is that your intention?  I would probably have taken the right hand exit/entrance (marked Down Fiddle East) and connected it to the upper side of the right hand loop rather than the lower side.