News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Problem starting

Started by Nick the Cabin Boy, August 30, 2022, 12:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Cabin Boy

This, I think, is only happening since the latest update.

If I have anything else running, such as my browser and email client, AR will not start. All I see is the splash screen and the "Licensed to" ribbon, and a blank screen. When I click on the X to quit, I get a "Program is not responding" dialog. I select close, close down my browser and email client, wait a few seconds and start AR again. This time it starts fully.

Once it has started, I can then open other software, such as the browser, etc, with no apparent problem.

Any ideas?

Nick
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

David

We've not changed much with the last update, only some track library additions.

Do you have any 'recent files' on a network drive, such as OneDrive?
That slows things down a lot sometimes.

Otherwise, please try to reset AnyRail. To do so, close it first, then start it while pressing SHIFT until it has fully started.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Nick the Cabin Boy

Hi David,

I think it might just be a RAM problem, with some programs/apps hogging it. There is room for RAM expansion in my new-to-me PC, so that will be my next step. In the meantime, I have found that closing everything else and waiting for a few moments will allow AR to start properly in the majority of times.

Thanks for your help,

Nick
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.