News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

The scale of my AnyRail layout - OO gauge - doesn't appear to be correct.

Started by SquiddlyDiddly, September 05, 2022, 05:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquiddlyDiddly

I created a layout - 5m x 3m - and built the baseboard accordingly. At the top of the layout is a fiddleyard and so I started to layout  some track and this is where I have the problem. The fiddleyard is 8 tracks and the points are all Hornby 6072 and 8073.
My Anyrail design shows that the with of the 8 tracks is approximately 20 cm yet the actual track when laid out is actually 40 cm wide. So this in effect means I can only get half my layout on my baseboard. So it looks as though the AnyRail scale is twice what it should.
Any one have any ideas to correct this?

David

Are you sure you've set the units to centimeters, not inches? You can see the current measurement units in the left bottom corner of the AnyRail window.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

SquiddlyDiddly

Ouch!!!!!!! You are correct David. I don't ever remember setting the centimeters or inches as I assumed a product from Netherlands would be centimeters. On the other hand as Hornby are British that is where it has picked up inches from I guess. Thanks again.

David

The default is cm indeed, but you can set it to inches if you like, or to mm (as they prefer down under).
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.