News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Cannot create a transition curve between two radii in the track plan

Started by EEo, September 12, 2022, 02:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEo

Hello, everyone,
I like the modern interface of AnyTrain, and that's why I'm trying to use AnyTrain to implement the model railway I had previously planned with other planning software. However, I fail because I cannot create a transition curve between two radii in the track plan, but only from a straight line into a curve.
Is there a way to create a track as a transition curve, e.g. from a curve with a radius of 2180 mm to a curve with a radius of 800 mm?
Thanks for the help.

David

You can connect both ends of the flex to the existing endpoints and then manipulate the middle two control points until it looks good.
There is no automated way to do this like the easements.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

EEo

Hello David,
thank you for the fast reaction. Can you then move the topic to the wish list for new features?

Since I can't determine exactly where and at what angle the rail connector will be after the transition curve, your proposed solution doesn't work for me. Since this function is available in the other planning software, it should be easy to implement an extended "Easement flex..." e.g. "Easement flex +..." in AnyRail, which is able to create a flexible track as a transition curve between two radii.

Thank you for your efforts.