News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

How to move the track plan across the background grid?

Started by Erik84750, September 21, 2022, 08:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik84750

Somehow I must have moved the trackplan (see screenshot) to the left over the grid.

How can this be moved back slightly to the right?

Nick the Cabin Boy

The easiest way, as long as ALL the track is connected, is to select a connection on, say, the left side, and enter the preferred X co-ordinate for it. All the track will move. To prevent it happening again, simply glue 1 piece. For example, I'm in N, and I generally set my layouit in such a way that the leftmost point is 25mm from the table edge.

Nick, Geelong
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N

Erik84750

Hi Nick, when I try to select any rail section it shows the section with a red bullet above it instead of green. What should be done?

Erik84750

Solved: as all track section coloured red I made a complete selection of the layout and used the "release" button. Now, when seelction just one rail, the layout moves accross the grid.

Nick the Cabin Boy

Glad you've fixed it! There's nothing worse than doing a lot of detail work and then finding that something has moved!

Nick
Elizabeth Grove, South Australia
Building Pottersbridge, a fictional town a little North of London, served by a fictional Heritage Railway, in N