News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Beginner Track plan for grandson

Started by artf, October 06, 2022, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artf

an update to my original plan. Any suggestions are welcome

thanks

artf

a bit more detailed with a few industries to be served (yet to be named)

I'm afraid the double crossover creates an "s" curve?

David

I don't think you should worry about the 'S' curve here.

Plan looks good, but are you sure you want a 'duck under' plan? It seems you've plenty of room along the walls, maybe with a peninsula.
I'm not sure how physically fit you are, but when I was 30 years old I already regretted having to crawl under the layout that I had back then.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

artf

Thanks David,

I understand the issue with duck under but I was hoping to have a continuous run plan and I don't think I have the room for a 180 deg turnaround. I could move the bottom right corner to the wall but can't block the window on the right side. And want to be sure I do not exceed reach in distance.

artf

Some additional edits.

Eliminated crossover - duck under may become lift out

a few more sidings.

Any comments are welcome

Thanks

Russell

I toyed around with you plan a little. I added a 2 track staging yard for storing extra trains. And changed the payout of the switching branch line. I made the industries on the right side of the plan Agricultural, and the left side by the staging tracks industrial using back drop style buildings.

artf

thanks Russell

some great ideas and you really made the layout "pop"

artf

in this modified layout (with help from Russell), I noticed that some of the connections points are now triangles rather than circles.

Is this an issue? What is the cause of this? Any help is appreciated.

I don't want to proceed with anything  unless I know the tracks are going to properly connect.

Thanks

Oct 7 2022-ver3.any

Russell

the triangles denote an isolator connector (plastic) instead of normal