News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

RE: Under The Christmas Tree Once again

Started by freescopesdad, October 12, 2022, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freescopesdad

My main layout is Kato N in the garage, but I recently was given a new Bachmann HO set with an oval of track, steam loco and 3 cars. I have decided, since we are staying home this year for Christmas, that I would put the layout under the tree. I got some extra NS EZ track on eBay, and came up with the attached plan. Small, but I am only allowed 50x42 inches so I tried to make it interesting. I'm surprised that the 18" radius track takes up so much space, so I downsized slightly to 15". I have an oval I/O carpet I picked up, and the gray square is roughly where the 3 legs of the tree stand will go. There is a bunch of wiggle room there. I picked up an artificial snowy tree skirt and some of those porcelain Kinkade Christmas houses and lights. My granddaughter is 21 months old on Christmas and already loves trains.

Here is the track plan, I'll post the actual layout closer to the holidays.

RonHO Christmas Layout 50x42 offset 24x24 with crossover.jpg
Owner/Operator
Chicago, Blue Island & Northern Illinois RailRoad