News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Looking to Merge AnyRail Module files...

Started by ja3ahearn, October 25, 2022, 07:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ja3ahearn

I have a question. Can separate AnyRail design files be merged together so that I could see an overall railroad design made from several individual modules designed in individual files?

I am building an N scale railroad using the NRail module standards, specifically OneTrak modules. Each module has a connecting track 4 inches from from of the module and I have generated about five files so far. The software works well in helping to lay out track and buildings. I did each module separately so I can refine the designs but want to merge them if possible so they can feed into JMRI PanelPro as one final railroad.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

ja3ahearn

Got a reply from the Administrator over on the Newbie User part of the forum:

Quote from: David on October 25, 2022, 07:24:14 PMIf you open AnyRail twice, you can copy and paste between them. However, the sections and layers are not copied along.

Sounds like a somewhat elegant solution to something that's not built into the software directly. I'm going to build a bigger table / layout plan and try doing that and will post some of the results here later on.