News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

How do I get AnyRail to tell me the radius of the curve I need.

Started by tim.kelley, December 29, 2022, 04:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim.kelley

Good evening,
I need a little help........
I am designing my model railroad layout. I'm using Peco HO Streamline Code 83 turnouts.
I basically have a straight mainline track and I'm creating a new siding using a left hand turnout.
My track centers are 3 inches apart. Both the mainline track and the new siding track are both straight and parallel. I'm using a Peco HO Streamline Code 83 #5 left hand turnout. (SL-E8352)
My question is what curve radius or multiple curves radiuses do I need to use for the track that is coming off
of the turnout to meet up correctly with the straight siding track. I'm pretty much a newbie at using AnyRail.
So far I have been telling AnyRail what radius to use. But in this case I want AnyRail software to tell ME
what radius I need to use to accomplish this goal. I hope you guys understand my question.
Thanks very much.
Tim

David

One way is to ignore the exact radius. Just drag the outer two endpoints of the flex track onto the turnout endpoint and the parallel track endpoint, and then use the 'Smooth flex' function.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.