News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Ruler measurement inaccuracy

Started by TrainzLuvr, December 05, 2022, 03:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainzLuvr

Hi

I have two curves on my peninsula. Smaller is 24" radius and larger is 28" radius, as seen in the screen grabs below, but the ruler shows 3.5" center-to-center distance.

capture1.jpg capture2.jpg 

Somebody is lying...

Why is this happening and what should I believe: the curve radius, or the ruler? After all, if the ruler is broken then everything it measures is broken... :'(

This is mind boggling to me that I've only noticed this now, after using AR for years.  :o
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

TrainzLuvr

And to correct myself, I went to double-check this again and realized that these two curves were not created using Add Parallel Flex.

Because the adjacent curves to the 28" are 27.75" and so the distance between the 28" and 24" is thus shorter because of the shorter radius of the curves adjacent to the 28" one.

I guess I should shut down for the night and take a break. Been staring at this for too long...
YouTube channel: Trainz Luvr

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.