News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

N Scale Kato Unitrack conversion help appreciated

Started by foo, December 19, 2022, 05:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foo

I'm hoping someone will have some pity on me and help me figure out the right combination of Kato Unitrack to use to complete this track plan.  I'm trying to copy the Bluewater & Grandview by mightypurdue22 that's listed in the SCARM library (images only), but it doesn't have the parts list. My goal is to get it completed in AnyRail so I can tweak it a little to fit my taste. As you can see from the plan that I've uploaded I'm having trouble figuring out the correct combination for the upper left curve, as well as the siding on the left side. I've attached the image of the layout from SCARM and my work-in-progress AnyRail file.

David

A better solution is usually to not increase the tolerated distance, but to connect track at a slight angle to close the gap. This is also what happens in reality when you lay the track. The play (or wiggle room) in the track helps to make it all fit with sectional track, even if it does not fit theoretically.

I have attached a solution where I rotated the relevant bits of track by 1 degree.

To create such 'kinks', untick 'Autoconnect' on the SETTINGS tab and fit the track manually at an angle that must be under the tolerated angle that can be set on the same tab.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

foo

Thank you, David! I really appreciate the assistance!

freescopesdad

Owner/Operator
Chicago, Blue Island & Northern Illinois RailRoad