News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

problem adding surface, no option to make it the table top or add contour for th

Started by usmcnewdog, January 04, 2023, 05:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmcnewdog

Well, I just downloaded this, and was following a youtube tutorial which seemed easy enough. I added a surface (train table) clicking on each point then double clicking on the last point.  It was supposed to pop up with tools surfaces but that never appeared.  I tried clicking on the outside line which brought up tools lines, bot surfaces so I am unable to label that has the traintable.  ANy ideas?
Modeling the PRR and B&O in transition

BadBanana

What I think you need to do is this...

Select the edge of the surface that you have drawn (click on an edge, not on one of the data points).  The whole perimeter should then be highlighted.  In the tools ribbon at the top of the screen you will now have a section that allows you to set the line width and also has a tick box for setting that surface as the table-top.  Tick that box.  The surface will then become visible in the 3D view.

Please come back if stuck!

usmcnewdog

Nope didnt work, I get tool with lines underneath it, not tools with surface underneath it.  And in the options under line width and height the only option below that is background.

usmcnewdog

Lets try this, to define my benchwork, insert, add lines, then add surface?  correct? maybe i am doing it wrong?

David

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

BadBanana

David is correct.  You start by selecting Insert, then Add Surface.  Draw the surface outline (you can still add and edit points, colour, etc later).  Then select the edge of the surface to get the option in the tools ribbon.  Note that you must not have the ribbon hidden / minimised.

usmcnewdog