News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Round the room layout

Started by gem629, January 16, 2023, 11:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem629

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I am trying to draw a around the room layout. I am trying to draw the walls for the room but I can't get them to have any width, and I can't seem to keep the baseboard connected to the single line on the screen. Any help would greatly appreciated. gem629

ErieAW

I assume you have started by adjusting the settings for the entire footprint that you need to model.  There is a place to select the measurement system, the length and width of the area and grid.  If you have a rectangular room to place the layout in, I would use the interior dimensions as your length and width.
I didn't try to capture the wall thickness. However, you should be able to do that by inserting a surface that captures the perimeter of the walls. I made shapes for where the doors swing into the room. once you make the shapes "glue" them in place so you don't accidentally move them. I use different layers for the room baseboard and track, so I can turn them on or off to see only what I am working on. I have found the online manuals helpful as well.

David

To create thicker walls, you can also increase the line width.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.