News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Unable to print (resolved)

Started by Old Kent Biker, January 22, 2023, 05:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Kent Biker

I've just loaded the trial version of Anyrail, joined this forum, and designed my first layout. I tried printing, but I couldn't get it to work. Is this a restriction of the trial version?

I've downloaded the PDF manual, but actually found it really easy to use without reference -at least for the simple layout I have done so far. The sign of a great piece of software!
Thanks,
Martyn
Thanks to all,
Martyn

BadBanana

What buttons / keys did you use? 

You need to select Print from the File tab.  Once in there you must use the Print Setup option (at the bottom of the list).  This picks up the Windows dialogue box to set basic Windows print options such as printer type, paper source, print quality, etc.  Then you need to set up any other options such as the scaling / number of pages and other options from the AnyRail print menu.  Then after setting those things up, you still need to go and select the Print button (it's at the top of that list).  I often forget the last one and wonder why nothing's happened yet...

If you simply choose to print when in the design using Control-P, the system will use whatever options were previously set (and they could be wrong of course if you have not yet set up any of them).

Note that AnyRail only prints out the layers and elements in the track design that you have marked as visible, so have a quick check before printing that you can see on the screen what you expect to get from the printer.   

Old Kent Biker

Quote from: BadBanana on January 22, 2023, 05:39:32 PMWhat buttons / keys did you use? 

...Then after setting those things up, you still need to go and select the Print button (it's at the top of that list).  I often forget the last one and wonder why nothing's happened yet...

Ah! Brilliant! that worked a treat I thought that was just an image - not also a button! Many thanks for the heads-up, although it probably won't be the last time I do that!
Thanks to all,
Martyn

BadBanana

I'm glad it was that simple.   :)