News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Problem creating with #168 Atlas Flextrack

Started by ianb26, February 01, 2023, 09:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianb26

Hi there,

I am having trouble with Atlas #168 Flextrack. on the attached image, I want the Flextrack - the straight vertical track - to connect to the turnout setup on the right to the lower track section on the curved turnout. But it must follow the curvature of the platform, which I can't get it to do. The turnout section can be lower than what is shown on the image attachment.

How can I do this?

FWIW, 2 reasons, 1.) Is it because I only have the trial version. 2.) The layout is working with this track layout which was created in another program 7 years ago. I am attaching 2 file - Atlas Flextrack 1 & Atlas Flextrack 2. 1 is the AnyRail file, & 2 is the original layout created 7 years ago. The grey area is the station platform. If any more info is needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ianb26

David

You can just drag the loose end of the flex track onto the curve turnout's endpoint.
Next, try to move the two inner control points of the flex to align the flex track.

If this does not work, cut the flex in two where the straight bit of it should end, and apply the same method to the lower end to curve it.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

ianb26

Thanks David, I will try that later today (Thursday Australian time).

One question if I may. When I click on the track and it highlights in green, then I right click, and on the pop up menu and Straight flex..... shows, Curve files and Easement files are greyed out, is that because I'm using the Trial Version, or is there something else that "un-greys" them?

Thanks,

Ianb26

David

Sure! You can only use these functions with unconnected flex. So you need to disconnect it first.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

BadBanana

It's worth adding that when a piece of flex track has been defined with a curve of a specified radius, you can then change that curve using the Curve function provided that at least one end of the track piece is not connected (and if the flex is still not Frozen).  But if you adjust the control points at all the track must then be fully disconnected in order to apply a fixed radius curve again.