News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 3.33.0

Started by David, November 10, 2009, 03:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hello everyone,

In this version we've worked on the track libraries:

* We've added the Peco SM-32 Code 200 track.

* The curved turnouts SL-E786BH and SL-E787BH have been added to the Peco 0 gauge Code 124 library.

* Short filler tracks 44592 have been added to the H0 Bachmann E-Z track library.

* A few minor quirks have been removed from the H0 Fleischmann Modell library.

As usual, to update, please download the trial version from the website, and install.
If you have a licensed version, your license will automatically be transferred.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

spoorend

David

I have a question regarding saving designs.
I read that in this version the Fleischmann Modell library (which I use in my design) is updated.

Is it needed to load and save existing designs to get the design in this new version or is Anyrail always downwards compatible and this is not needed ?

regards, Martijn

David

Hi Martijn,

With a newer version of the software, you can always read older designs, but not the other way around. So, if you load a file and save it with the latest version, it will not be readable in an older version.

It's only very seldomly that the geometry of a part is corrected. Most of the time missing parts are added or their description is improved. For the Fleischmann Modell library for instance, the pre 1971 part numbers are added.

Furthermore, when a library is updated and you load an older file, your design stays as it is. Parts are not replaced with their new definitions, unless it's just their description.

David.

David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

spoorend

:)

Ok, thanks David for your clear explanation.