News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Reversing Loop - consecutive, internal turnouts - DCC

Started by mahnud, April 19, 2023, 05:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahnud

Anyrail shows the reversing loop in this layout at the joint for the right turnout labled "Anyrail Double Gap."  It looks to me as if the later turnouts within the physical loop do not have to be treated as part of the reversing loop and I can put the gaps for the reversing loop at the two locations marked as "Proposed Double Gaps," where I have added isolators in Anyrail.

An NCE AR10 will provide the loop power (with a frog juicer at each frog closest to the loop end(s)).

Can I use the Proposed Double Gaps, instead of the Anyrail Double Gaps, to deal with the reversing loop properly?

Do I still run regularly spaced feeders from the AR10 loop feed to the loop track?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.ReversingLoopCorrected.jpg

VictorPM

Of course you can, you have to. If you only use the "Anyrail double gap", the reversing loop remains unsolved.

Greetings, Victor

mahnud

Thank you for the response.

Using the "show" option I think Anyrail "shows" the entire turnout (marked with the Anyrail Double Gap comment in the drawing) as part of the reversing loop, but I assume it means to gap just at the diverging and straight connections on the other end of that first turnout?

My real focus is on the later turnouts (between that first turnout and the "Proposed Double Gap") to make sure I can ignore the later turnouts when wiring the reversing loop (to be fed by the AR10) and feed them using regular feeders for that district.