News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

More Suggestions

Started by swilhite, March 12, 2008, 03:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swilhite

1.  Remember the window size on closing the program.

2.  Remember the values in the Options dialog or have a Default checkbox in the dialog.

3.  I love the fractional inches options but the rounding errors drive me nuts.  1/2 shows up as 15/32.  I know the program is still using metric units internally but this affects the USA people using the program.

Thanks.

David

Thanks for your comments.

Could you give an example when you enter 1/2 and AnyRail makes it 15/32?
Indeed, AnyRail uses metric units internally, and the conversion to decimal inches should be OK. However, when going to fractions, the precision is a lot less! AnyRail tries to round to the nearest 32rd of an inch. Only when the best approximation is 16/32, it simplifies it to 1/2.

The options are saved with your track plan, not with the program itself! But indeed, it might be a good idea to have some defaults for the program as well.

Remembering the window size is a good idea. We've put it on our internal to do list.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.