News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

copying sections & height with gradients

Started by Andrew, March 17, 2008, 01:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Hi David,

Thank you for making such a great program that makes track planning so easy. I've been busy inside keeping out of the heat. Adelaide has a new record by having 16 days in a row over +35C. Most over +37C and 5 with +40C. NO rain for 3 months.

On my wish list would be to.

1. copy and paste individual Sections.

2. calculation the average the height at every join creating height and gradients for 2 tracks/ sections, that are side-by-side, so that they are the same height through out the whole spiral.

Yours,

Andrew

Yours,

Andrew

David

Hello Andy,

That's almost unbearable I would say. I hope that your air conditioning keeps up!

About your wishes: could you please elaborate a bit on copying sections? When would you like to do that?

For the second issue on your list: yes, I think that would be a great thing to have. Not easy to do though. We've put it on our internal wish list.

Thanks again for your valuable input.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Andrew

HI David,
While creating my layout and I wanted to copy & paste different sections/track I had arranged, this was to save time and effort. Rather than having to repeat this work, especially when curving flexie track to the correct length and angle.
Yours,
Andrew
Yours,

Andrew

David

Well, you can just copy and past like in other Windows programs. You can select track by dragging a box around it with the mouse (Keep the left mouse button down while moving the mouse, and release it when you've drawn a rectangle around the track you want).
Next copy it with the Edit menu, or with Ctrl-C.
Then, past with Ctrl-V (or with the Edit menu again).

A more precise way to select track is by clicking it while holding the Ctrl key down.

The restriction is that you can only select stretches. That means that you cannot select part of a connected stretch of track. In that case, you need to first disconnect it.

Hope this helps,

David.

Andrew

Thank you for that. That makes life easier!!
Yours,

Andrew

Andrew

Hi All,
We're near the end of building our loft garage. I'm having to redoing my layout, now that the loft space and stair access are different.

Whilst working on the spirals to get both tracks at the same height, thought that it would be great if when could change/vary the height when you "Lock height" without affecting the other heights that have been set.

I've spent the last 1hour, having to undo and redo "Lock height" at every connect point in the spiral.

Yours,
Andrew
Yours,

Andrew

David

If I understand you well, you'd like to be able to change the height for 'only this point'.

That would be trivial to add to the software.

One issue might be that it would allow you to bend elements like crossings in an impossible way!

David.

Andrew

The challenge I had was have the inner spiral at 2.5% from 16cm height and to match the outer spiral to the same height at every track connection as the inner.

For crossings or greater than 5% gradients the track could be highlighted to show the error.
Yours,

Andrew