News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

My requests

Started by Komet, March 25, 2008, 12:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komet

As a new user of AnyRAIL I find it very easy to use.

However there are some aspects that could be improved upon.

If creating a mutlilayer system the lower level can disappear. This means that it is a real pain to work on and cannot be be printed out unless you create two files, one for the upper and one for the lower level. It would be very useful if you could use either layers (the better option IMO) or adapt the current sections ability so you can hide or unhide parts of the layout either for development or printing.

Parallel track facility (with a minimum distance setting) as has already been suggested. Just because it may produce curves that are too tight should not be a problem if the warning red colour is used as is already used in flexi sections.

Shapes. It would be very useful to have definable shapes that you could then pick up and move rather than the enclosed area with movable points as it now is. Both functions would be very useful.

Flexi track. The small crosses used to adjust the curves can disappear when numbers of tracks are close together. Perhaps highlighting the piece of track you wish to adjust would bring its trimming points to the top and make then bold?

There will be more no doubt .....   ;)

Nice program though. Thanks

--
Mick

David

Hi Mick,

Maybe your first issue is easy to solve. In the Tools/Options menu, find the tab 'View'.
There you can set the upper and lower limit of the track you want to see. So, if you have track at heights 0 and 10, you could set the limits to -1 and 9, to only see the lower layer.
Next, you could set it to 9 and 15 to work on the upper layer.

Thanks for the other points you mention. We've put them on the wish list for future improvements.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Komet

Maybe your first issue is easy to solve. In the Tools/Options menu, find the tab 'View'.

Yes that helps but layers would be a neater way of doing things I feel.

Thanks

--
Mick

David

What about having a list of layers you can adapt yourself by setting min and max height?

David.

Komet

I think we are talking a different meaning of layers.

Your idea of a layer representing height is a good one and would be useful but my meaning of layer is somewhat different. My layer is more akin to a Section in Anyrail which could be visible or hidden. That way you could hide any upper layers and work on just the lower one. Or vice versa of course.

In fact I think the Sections could be adapted to this surely adding a hide/unhide feature which would also add some functionality to the List of Sections window if a visibility switch was added in that box - if you follow me of course.

--
Mick

David

Ah right, I think I finally understand you. My fault!
Great idea! Thanks.

David.