News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

A few things

Started by Redvan22, December 21, 2019, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redvan22

Hi,
Application:
Before I exit AR, I save what I've done and then close the application, not the project. When I reopen the application, I'm presented with everything I had open when I saved and closed except the layout. It's just a default empty space. See the attached images.

Forum:
I logged in at the main page and then went into General Discussions and read a post. When I exited back to GD, I was logged out and couldn't post so I exited back to the main screen where I found I was logged in.

Thanks,
Mike.
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

Tom Springer

Mike,

First part of your post: starting AR.

How are you starting AR, by clicking on the AR icon, or by clicking on a .ANY file and letting Windows open AR to process the file?  Clicking on the AR icon opens a blank (new) layout; it does not open the 'last used' layout.  Your last used layout should be the first in (at the top of) "Recent Designs".

Second part of your post: are you doing all the forum work in the same browser window?  If you have multiple browser windows open to different forum parts, and you log in after opening multiple windows, until the already open windows are refreshed, probably these windows don't 'know' you've logged in.  Every now and then I actually forget and do this.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)

Redvan22

Tom,
I'm supposed to get responses via email but I don't hence the absence of a response until today. I will check my account settings.

I open AR from the pinned AR icon on the task bar so, now I understand what's happening.

Only one browser window.

Mike.
Wife complains it's burning when I cook. I respond by saying "when it's smoking, it's smoking."

Tom Springer

I had the email problem when the new forum went up; don't remember what I did to fix it.  Then again, don't remember what I did yesterday.

Maybe you could suggest an option on startup to open the last file used.
Tom Springer

(Unintentional Pyromaniac)