News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Making components and moore

Started by Acke, May 06, 2010, 05:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acke

I have downloaded AnyRail 4.4.1 to evaluate if it´s something for me. I have got a few questions about some functions in the program:

I'm a member of a model railroad club, we are building a modular layout and I'm looking for a way to draw separte moduls, glue them together as one component, and then be abel to combine the different moduls to a layout.

I haven´t found a way to glue shapes and tracks together to a component that can be moved around.

Another function I'm looking for is a way to write coordinates relativley the starting point, I find it quite complicated to use absolute coordinates i.e drawing a shape.

Is there anyone that has any tips to solve my problems?

/Acke

David

Hello Acke,

We're currently working on some sort of grouping functionality. However, this does not include track (yet).

What do you mean exactly by relative coordinates? Is it that you'd like to move a complete shape by x centimeters?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Acke

Hello David!

The therm relative addressing is quit common in CAD-applications, it means that you can address next point in the coordinate system in relation to the point before.

If we look on the picture below, we can see that the point A (at the beguine of the red line) has the address X=2, Y=2, this is the absolute address.

Point B (at the end of the red line) has the absolute address X=6, Y=3 but it also has an address relative point A, in this case X=4, Y=1.

A function that allows you to address a point relative the point before makes it a lot easier to draw complex shapes, you don't have to calculate each points absolute address.

Regards
Acke
Halmstad, Sweden

David

Hi Acke,

I see what you mean of course. But you'd probably prefer to move the shape as one?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.