News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Quik suggestion

Started by Dale, April 07, 2008, 12:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Hi all,

First I'd like to say that it's fantastic software, but more than that this user forum has really backed up the support right down to the beginner leval.

One suggestion i've noticed through reading is a common problem based on objects (and text) and different levals.

I believe a valuable tool would be to allow the text or object to snap to a section or piece, this would allow for faster cutting and paste-ing but would allow also the ability to have the text or object set at different heights or levals.
Should the software go to more than one (page,tab,sheet) the object or text would also be on the next sheet.

The second suggestion would be to configure the table based on grid requirements. As most of us are not using standard rectangular designs i would like to see creating a table by one foot (meter) increments. (of course printing might become difficult as a result)

Thanks again

David

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the suggestions. Especially the ability to link text or objects to track is a good one.

About the table, one could always draw a table with the drawing tool. Could you explain a bit more what you mean?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Dale

About the table,
on the options menu the table tab will only allow an X and Y dimension giving an overall rectangular shape. this then requires drawing in voids to create an irregular table.
As with some software, when entered an overall X and Y dimension would then allow show a grid to allow the user to inch / foot or CM / meter select and create the table they need.  as i mentioned earlier, printing would be difficult, but the overall design would be more realistic to fit within the constriants.

Also is there any way to glue a piece or section rather than the whole track?  I'm still fudging a few designs and playing with height, and have found that inadvertantly selecting the peice and moving the whole track, verses gluing it down means i can't move and adjust individual peices.

Dale

David

We'll see if there's a better way to define the table. Currently, you can simply draw a table with the surface drawing tool.

If you glue one piece, it implicitly means that all connected track is unmovable as well. Unconnected track should not be glued. Glueing is meant for those parts of the design that are stable.
If you move track by mistake, you can always use the 'undo'/'redo' functionality to go back. (Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Y).

Hope this helps for now!
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.