News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

A very, very tiny thing...

Started by David K Smith, May 20, 2010, 05:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David K Smith

This is trivial, hardly even worth noting, but I have a sense that David is a meticulous developer who might appreciate knowing about even the littlest of things.

Here's a minor issue with the Settings ribbon bar. The text box for the slope is squashed so that only part of the first digit is visible. This is what it looks like:

Now, this may only be on my PC, so it might not be an issue at all.

Like I said, it's a very, very tiny thing, so if it never got fixed, it's certainly not the end of the world.

David

Are you using the default Windows font size? Both the font and its size look a bit different from what we have here.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Andrew

I don't have this problem, it shows up normally.
Yours,

Andrew

David K Smith

Font size is normal. Font itself may be not be default.

David K Smith

May I recommend that some thought be put into how the ribbon bars behave if non-standard font settings are applied to the operating system? While the particular problem I noted is too trivial to worry about, it might point to a larger issue if font settings are vastly different. One cannot expect the user to adjust their OS font settings to accommodate an application; it should be the other way around.