News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

help please

Started by Dale, April 10, 2008, 04:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

I'm copying the ATLAS layout "Folded Dog-bone with branch" directly from the book (for starter ideas and building placements)

I've followed the ATLAS layout book to the letter (using every part they suggest) and for the most part all went well.
However there are two sections (i've highlighted them for easier viewing) that will not connect. I've tried to set the tollerance as high as i can but to no avail. any suggestions?

David

Hi Dale,

With just sectional track, such plans do usually not really fit 100%.
No problem though.

Apart from the tolerance, you could switch off the 'snapping' feature of AnyRail. When switched off, the track will no longer automatically manoeuvre itself in place when dropped.

Then, please know that there are two variables to play with: distance and angle.
Most often, such endpoints can be brought nearer by just a slight rotation somewhere.

So, that's what I did. 'Snap dropped parts' off (in the Tools/Options, Behavior tab), and a slight rotation at the red connections (first disconnect track where necessary, then rotate until it seems to fit, and slide it into place)

You'll find the result attached.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Dale

David, thank-you much, a little tip like that has helped me design alot easier.

however see note in the wishlist section.

Dale