News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Micro-Trains Z Scale Track

Started by David K Smith, July 16, 2010, 12:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David K Smith

Since the last update to AR, there have been a few additions/revisions to the Micro-Trains Z scale roadbed track product line.

Switches are available in manual or remote-controlled. They are:

#990 40 910 Left Hand Manual Turnout
#990 40 911 Right Hand Manual Turnout
#990 40 914 Left Hand Remote Turnout
#990 40 915 Right Hand Remote Turnout

There's also a new track product: a through girder bridge. They're exactly the same length as #990 40 902, 110mm straight track.

#990 40 950 Through-Girder Bridge (black)
#990 40 951 Through-Girder Bridge (gray)

I'm also hopeful that the same style of symbols used for the Märklin track (below, left) can be applied to Micro-Trains track (below, right) to make the differences between the part types more visually obvious, and also include the switch motors for the remote-controlled switches.

I've scanned the power feeder, uncoupler and switch, in case this is helpful.

http://jamesriverbranch.net/images/mt_track.jpg

And finally, I'm wondering if anything can be done about symbols for the notched tracks made for switches (006 & 007) to visually indicate that these tracks are not the same as plain straight tracks. There's an angled notch on one corner that's quite small, but it's needed to mate with the corresponding switch. Something like this, perhaps?