News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Converting track on plans

Started by John R, April 14, 2008, 02:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John R

David,

I have found track plans in the forum that are interesting and well done by your users.

If I find a plan that I would like to use, is there any way to convert the track that is used in the plan to the track I plan on using?  I have seen a couple of plans that are done in Fleischman Profi, and would like to use another brand of track without have to re-draw the complete layout.  Any way to do this in AnyRail?

John

David

The only way to change the track system is to redraw the layout. It would be very difficult to do this automatically, as each system has its own geometric characteristics.
Turnout angles are different, standard track distance is hardly ever the same, and sometimes certain elements such as crossings or slip switches simply don't exist in the other system.

The best approach would probably be to just print the original design, and try to recreate it with the track system of choice.

BTW, which plan has drawn your interest?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

John R

Understand the difficulty of conversions.  Would be just about impossible, but I was hoping...

Is there a way to get a listing of all of the track in any one library other than choosing one of each piece for a layout and then getting a printout?

David

Indeed, there is no other way to get that list right now.
If you do as you say, and look at the list of materials, you'll get a more detailed description of each part.

From there, you can easily copy and paste into Notepad or Excel.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.