News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Version 4.8

Started by David, September 07, 2010, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hello all!

In this new release there should be something interesting for everyone.

New libraries:
- C+L Finescale F7
- N Fast Tracks
- Hornby signals 00 (GB)
- NSParts signals H0 (Dutch)
- Pégase signals H0 and N (French)
- Märklin signals Z (German)
- General scenery (trees) for all scales

Updated libraries:
- Lima H0
- Piko A
- Atlas Code 80
- Bachmann EZ Track

New features:
- Image import. This works by loading a picture into a surface. First create a surface, then load a picture into it.
- Set resolution for export image.

Fixes:
- Crash when setting height for grouped element (only occurred in very specific cases)
- Delete key works again for texts
- Glue function did not work consistently when used from the popup menu

There are no manual changes, although an update is required soon.

Enjoy!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Chris

Great stuff David. I especially like the image import into a surface facility.

Best wishes,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

David

Thanks. I hope it all works fine. We've tested with all sorts of images and so far we've not seen any issues. However, please understand that the original image is saved in the plan file. If you find the plan file's getting very large, please decrease the picture size before importing it into AnyRail.

David.

toro

I think I'm going to need more explanation on exactly importing an image works, I dont see anything since the update that lets me import a picture.

I created a surface but I can't see what else to do after that.  I have an image that I want to use in jpeg, not sure what I am missing

Toro

David

Toro, up till now it's quite basic functionality. We'll add an quicker way to import an image later.

For now, first create a surface and select it. Its outline becomes green, and in the Ribbon a tab named 'Lines and Surfaces' appears. Here, find 'Load image...'.

The image will be shown within the boundaries of the surface. To reshape the surface to fit the picture click 'Adjust outline', again in the Ribbon.

You can set the width and height of the picture in the units (mm,cm,inch) that you currently use.

I hope this helps.

David.

Chris

Thanks David. I had managed happily to import the image but could not work out how to resize. (I guess I am as blind as a bat.)

All the best,
Chris.
Chris
N & Z Home PageBahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost

Marklin Z scale Bavarian S3/6___________________

CHRIS DORRELL

Hi

I may be looking in the wrong place but how do I draw a simple shape such as a square without using the add line/surface option, also how do I makie a circle?

Chris

Jeff

You don't. I set the grid to the size of one side of the square I want and then outline the grid square with a Line. Do that again, but choose 'Rounded corner' and you get a circle. Either figure is scalable by shift-left-clicking any of the sides and dragging until you have the right size.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It