News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Märklin M-track, missing items

Started by JKJ, November 05, 2010, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKJ

Hi,

I am using AnyRail to design my layout, which will be built using M-track. I am planning to use the old 3900/3800 Modellgleise for parts of the layout because of the large radius of the bends.
Could this be added to the M-track library, or is it possible for me to create these pieces of track myself somehow?

Brg
JKJ

David

Hi JKJ! Of course we'd be happy to add them. The problem is that we don't know the width of the bedding of this track. Their diameter is defined including that instead of center-to-center.

Would you have a piece of that track to measure it?

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

JKJ

Unfortunately, I have not purchased any yet.

I found the following center radii: (http://reviews.ebay.com/A-Description-of-Maerklin-Marklin-Metal-Track_W0QQugidZ10000000008604696)

3900 - 586 mm
3800 - 536 mm

Outer diameter: 1210 mm - 1172 mm = 38 mm, which is more or less the same as the 37,5 mm of a standard M-track.

I hope this helps.  :)

Brg
JKJ

JKJ

David

David

It's no problem to add them. The only questions that remains is the length of part 3900K, the crossing.

Is the indicated 17.7cm the length of the (diagonal) track, or the length of the part itself?

David.

JKJ

David,

17,7 cm is the lenght of the diagonal track.

Brg
JKJ

David

OK, thanks. Would you have any source telling the length of the part? I'm wondering how it could be used. What is the suggested way to use this part?

David.

JKJ

David,

If you use the link to marklin-users.net that I have posted above, a drawing has now been added to illustgrate the use of this crossing.

Brg
JKJ

JKJ

Just downloaded version 4.9 today, and found that the Modellgleise library had been added. :)
I am imperessed by the quick response to my request by Anyrail. Great work.
Thanks a lot.

Brg
JKJ

David

JKJ

Would it be possible to add the track pieces belonging to the grade crossings 7192M and 7292M?
It would also be nice to have the contact tracks 5115 and 5116. These can of course be simulated using 5100 and 5106, but then the part list will be incorrect.

Brg
JKJ

David

We'll put them on the to do list.

David.

JKJ

JKJ

Once again I am impressed by how fast you respond to requests from your users.  :)
Thanks a lot.

JKJ