News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Can't get sidings to work properly

Started by bearair, December 05, 2010, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearair

Just purchased Anyrail today.  I've tried multiple combinations of curved sections and switches, but for some reason I can't seem to get sidings to line up using Atlas code 83 or 100 in HO scale.  The angles are ever so slightly off which makes the tracks not mate up.  Not sure how to correct it.  Tried setting the angle tolerance and alignment tolerance up a bit, but no joy.   When I hook up switches to the mainline, then try using different size sections of curved track to bring a siding into parallel with the mainline, it looks like it's a couple degrees off.  By the time a few sections of straight track are added, the error is bad enough to make hooking them together hopless.  Any suggestions?  Track curve section sizes to use for either #4 or #6 switches?  Thanks.

David

That's correct, the #4 and #6 don't have a counter-curve. It's best to use flex track here.

If you don't want that, you're restricted to using the 540 - 547 turnout series.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

bearair

That's kind of what I was thinking.  Thanks!