News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Track Plan Salzburg Noch - Roco Geoline

Started by rikske123, May 08, 2008, 11:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikske123

On the website of Noch (www.noch.com) in Germany, you can find a number of track plans for different kind of tracks.
I tried to rebuild the plan "Salzburg" for roco geoline tracks in Anyrail. It's strange, but it doesn't fit at all.
Am I making mistakes, or are the plans of Noch not correct?
Has somebody experience with this?

Thx, Erik

David

We'll try and find out why the plan doesn't seem to fit so well!

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

David

Hi Erik,

An update on your question: we've tried to create the same plan with the other rail systems as well, as indicated on the Noch plans. As they are supposed to be put onto a prefabricated landscape, it seems that they all suffer a bit to fit on that.

In most of them, a lot of short pieces are required, an none of them follows the natural geometry of the track manufacturer.

So I think that they'll fit in practice, but are not really that exact.

Hope this helps,

David.

David

Just on addition:

We've created the Roco geoLine library from the best source available as Roco sent us their technical drawings for this purpose.

So for me it's hard to believe that the Noch plan should fit perfectly.

Anyway, I'll see if there is some simple explanation such as an incorrect part number on the Noch plan, because what they show now seems a bit too far away from a nicely fitting track plan!

Anyway, are you planning to create this layout for real? I would be interested to hear how that goes.

David.

rikske123

I'm just looking for a nice track plan for roco geoline.

I know that the opinions about this track are very different, and most rail hobbyists don't really like it. It was in a start set and for me it's OK. And the fact that many people are not very fond of it, causes that you can find extra track rather easy on ebay or shop-sites.

My available space is not big (+- 2,8 m x +- 1,5 m) and I'm just surfing and looking for ideas. So I found the Noch site, with some nice plans.....

To be complete: my period of interest is IV and V, and I like the big German diesellocs as the BR218, and now the even bigger locs from independent companies as DLC, rail4chem and so on. My focus will be on goods traffic, with some passenger trafic to give a reason to build a station.

Erik