News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

About minitrix library

Started by Sthrattoff, January 02, 2011, 03:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sthrattoff

Hi, I'd like to ask something regarding the minitrix library.

I done some crosscheck with Trix online database, and I found some inaccuracy:

1. The three-way turnout (item no. 14940 and 14949) should be removed from library.

2. All remote turnouts except double slip switches (item no. 14960 and 14968) should be removed from library because Trix sold those turnouts without switch motor.

3. Contrast to no. 2, all manual double slip switches (item no. 14959 and 14978) should be removed from library because Trix sold those double slip switches always with switch motor.

4. Also, you missed Minitrix Vario Track (item no. 14975) and Adaptor Track (item no. 14999). I found both of them quite useful, especially the Vario Track.

5. Maybe you can specify the descriptions on Straight Circuit (item no. 14979 and 14980) because they are completely two different items (item no. 14979 is a Contact Track and 14980 is a Contact Track with Magnet Switch).

6. You also missed the buffer Old-Timer (item no. 14976).

7. The last thing is, I don't know why but it seems that all of your curved turnout did not match exactly like advertised on Trix catalog.

I've searched this forum and checking all release log, but seems this issue not yet touched. By the way, I'm using AnyRail 4.9

I'm looking forward for your response :)

Best regards.

(edited: item no. 14981 and 14983 are still in the catalog. my bad).

David

First of all: thanks for the detailed list!

In principle, we keep all items that were ever sold in the track libraries, even if they're no longer produced.

The reason for this is that many people still own these items, or buy them second hand on eBay or elsewhere.

Another thing is that what's in the stores sometimes varies per country, or items are only temporary out of stock or production.

Of course, we'll take a look at the missing items and the check the ones that might be ill defined.

David.
David Hoogvorst. Founder and Owner of DRail Software. Creator of AnyRail.

Sthrattoff

You're welcome. A good program should become better when possible :)

You are right. I never thought to have those "discontinued" item via eBay or something else and some store on the net still have some of them.

Jeff

And p.s. you really should upgrade to the latest AnyRail (4.10.x) since it is a free download to registered users of version 4.
Later,                                                AnyRail Fanatic
Jeff                      and Unofficial Guy Who Knows Almost Everything About It

Sthrattoff

@David: oh, one more thing, maybe this part is less important but might worth adding: Rerailer (item no. 14974).

@Jeff: Done :)

Sthrattoff

Regarding the "unfit" issue I mention before, maybe this picture explains better:

The problem is on the left, and my solution to the problem is on the right.

David

@Sthrattoff: True, this would be perfect for this particular case, but not when using the part in another configuration with two curved turnouts. The turnout has been defined in accordance with the real thing.

In general, this type of turnout requires to make use of the natural wiggle room of the real items.

In AnyRail, this can be simulated as follows:
- Open the 'Settings' tab, and uncheck 'Autoconnect'.
- Disconnect the track that does not fit well (here the two outer R1 curves).
- Rotate the disconnected track 1 degree or so, in this case counterclockwise.
- Shift the track in place as precisely as you can by eye.
- Open the 'Settings' tab again, and check 'Autoconnect'.

This should do it. I hope it helps!

David.

Sthrattoff

Solved. It seems that I mistaken something from Trix catalog about the configurations, thanks David!

The last thing that concerns me is the Vario Track. Please add that as that items really useful on my trackplan :)

best regards.

David

Don't worry, we'll add it in the next release.

David.