News:

Due to heavy spamming attempts on this forum, automatic registration has been disabled. We will approve registration requests as quickly as possible (unless you're a spammer of course :) )

Main Menu

Coffee table lay-out (N scale)

Started by Vincent, May 23, 2008, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

I have designed this not so standard lay-out to fit in a coffee table I'm going to make. I want as much track as possible with as much opportunity to display my trains as possible. It's going to be very difficult to build. It will be digital and automated by a computer. Trains will have to de-couple, run around and couple automatically for example.

Link to picture (Any rail file should be attached)

The out most stations (green and purple - level 0) are passenger end-stations. The red and orange stations (level 1) are for cargo but the orange one will also be the home for a few old museum trains (hence the extra platform). The station in the middle (level 2) is a larger station where trains drive through.

Like I said, this is going to be tough. Just fitting all this track in the available space took me a few months. I have started testing with a spiral last weekend. My progress can be viewed on my blog.

- V.

kimbo

It's gonna be an ambitious project indeed! As I've mentioned in a previous post on the forum, I question whether the "put as many track as possible" is necessarily the best option... but to each his own!

Good luck with it, I look forward to tracking the progress using your blog!
Kim
Living in: Brussels, Belgium
AnyRail user since: 26/12/2007
Dream layout: HO freelance layout set in an imaginary European country bordering to Belgium, Germany, and Netherlands
Personal site: http://kimmetje.rpgnewworlds.net